Calling all food startups
The world’s leading plant-based incubator is calling for innovative food and beverage startups from across the globe to join its accelerator in Berlin, Germany.
ProVeg Incubator runs a pioneering programme for entrepreneurs who want to reduce worldwide animal consumption, by replacing conventional animal-based foods with plant, fungi, recombinant, and cultured products and solutions.
Applications are now being accepted for the fourth cohort of startups, which will kick off in spring 2020. Since its launch in November 2018, the Incubator has worked with over 30 emerging companies from 16 countries, helping them to raise more than €8 million in total.
Albrecht Wolfmeyer, Head of ProVeg Incubator, said: “We work with pioneering startups that are shaping the future of food with their innovations. Our tailor-made programme, one-on-one mentoring, and extensive industry and investor networks equip them with the tools and contacts they need to scale, sell, collaborate, and succeed.
“Supporting entrepreneurs who are passionate about redefining the food system and making it more sustainable is extremely exciting. I look forward to learning more about the startups that apply for our fourth cohort and to working with them in the future.”
Christopher Kong, Co-founder and CEO of Better Nature, said: “The ProVeg Incubator is the world’s best-connected incubator in the plant-based industry today. The largest gains that I received were introductions to mentors who truly care about the success of my business and investors who want to support my mission.”
Julia Marsel, Co-founder of Greenwise, said: “The ProVeg Incubator became a milestone of growth for us, since every workshop and event allowed us to gain lots of experience, broadened our horizons, and fast-tracked our market entry.”
The previous (third) batch of startups is currently working with the Incubator and will graduate on 13 December 2019. The programme culminates in a Demo Day. This will include many of the companies pitching to a panel of investors, Dragons- Den style.
Interested startup founders can apply for the fourth cohort online via the ProVeg Incubator website (http://provegincubator.com/apply/). The deadline for submissions is Friday, 31 January 2020.
- For more information on ProVeg Incubator, check out https://provegincubator.com/
- ProVeg Incubator is part of ProVeg International, a leading food awareness organisation working across four continents. ProVeg’s mission is to reduce the global consumption of animals by 50% by the year 2040. More information can be found at www.proveg.com
- Better Nature and Greenwise are two startups from the second cohort at ProVeg Incubator, which ran in spring/summer 2019. Greenwise focuses on plant-based meat alternatives, while Better Nature makes innovative food products from tempeh. Better Nature originated from Indonesia, with the team now working worldwide; Greenwise is based in Russia.
- The ProVeg Incubator is supported by a number of partners, including Atlantic Food Labs, New Crop Capital, NX-Food, Blue Horizon, Good Seed Ventures, Purple Orange Ventures, Beyond Advisors, and Katjesgreenfood.
- The ProVeg Incubator programme involves a mixture of in-house and remote working weeks, over the course of three months. When startups graduate, they continue to be supported by the Incubator, receiving ongoing guidance and mentorship during their entrepreneurial journey.